Lessons for Adults
Westlake Music Academy serves adults as well as children. Many of our current students are adults of varying ages and different levels, from 20 somethings to those in their 70s; from complete beginners to advanced level players. Learning an instrument is for all ages! We often get the question from older adults, “Is it too late for me to learn an instrument?” The answer is no. Many adults, even older adults, have learned how to play an instrument, and have found the satisfaction of being able to play music just as they have always wanted to.
Many adults come to us as complete beginners. If that is you, welcome! You’ve come to the right place!
Other adults have been playing for 10, 20, 30 or 40 years, but want to take up lessons for various reasons:
1) they feel they’ve picked up bad habits and want to improve their technique;
2) they find that they have trouble practicing unless they have something to practice for, and weekly lessons is the motivator they need;
3) they want to be able to play different styles that they’ve never been able to play before;
4) they are serious players who have hit a plateau: no matter how much they practice they just can’t seem to get any better;
5) they play by ear and want to learn how to read music;
6) they just feel like they need the guidance of an expert on their instrument.